
When people ask where I'm from, I say "Canada", then they do the shivering thing --I don't know why (immaturity?), but I'm irrepressibly compelled to protest: "it's not that cold in Vancouver." Let me tell you: it sucks that I can't say that to people anymore. Not only to avoid getting the shiver routine, but also because I now PERFORM the shiver routine. Am in a full fleece outfit (jumpsuit, if you will) with a North Face vest overtop and wool socks --just paused to aim a space-heater at my feet.
Last Saturday, Julie and I met up with Carly and Chris to walk around Stanley Park and assess the damage from last month's storms --this was the first day it was publicly reopened. We ended up sticking to the Seawall, and Julie was Eagle Eye Tree Spotter, pointing crashes out that the rest of us totally ignored.Yesterday was the final episode of my Week of $20 Unlimited Bikram Yoga, and since I'm back to poverty row (final instalment of tuition paid last month), the costs outweigh my perceived benefits. Am looking into trading English-for-yoga when I get back to Bergamo. Speaking of tuition and cost-benefit analysis, I've got 10 textbooks spread around my room and just gave myself a small heart attack going over the economics basics that I learned last year. Heart attack mostly because I must do a strict review before my courses start in February, 3/5 of these being hard-core economics.
But I do plan on having a lot more fun in the coming year, not only with yoga (or something of the like) but also with researching and writing (I actually do find it fun), some knitting (courtesy of Santa and Auntie Elda) and maybe continued photography/blogging in my spare moments. My #1 resolution is to make some "flow adjustments" to the apartment with the help of Filippo, Apartment Therapy and House Plants for the Purple Thumb.